I don’t do these. I don’t.
I did once, and then it started to seem silly, and like a chain letter that would never end.
But seeing as I’ve been tagged about 6 times for one of these Liebster Awards in the past couple of months, I think the universe is telling me that it wants me to have one.
(I know, darlings – what an enthusiastic acceptance speech!)
Thank you everyone who has nominated me for awards in the last little while — I do appreciate you thinking of me, and I’m not ungrateful — I’m just scatterbrained. I don’t juggle things very well, and it takes me forever to write — believe it or not. So if I were to reply to all the nominations, and then give recognition — it’s honestly all I would do every day, and I wouldn’t get any actual writing done.
If you know me at all, you know that I give love and recognition to others on a regular basis, and I will continue to do so.
This post is just a thank you to everyone who has read, is reading, and will continue to read my work.
All my love.
Your favourite dilettante,
And, just because I *NEVER* do these, this one time, I will answer these questions from Lizzi at Considerings, who was the last person to nominate me for this.
1. If you could wake up tomorrow and have your ideal breakfast experience, what would it be?
I’ve never had a better breakfast than in a little French Bakery in Mill Valley, California — I had a Brie and mushroom omelette with a freshly baked croissant and the best coffee I’ve ever tasted.
2. When was the last time you were really embarrassed? What happened?
Embarrassed/Mortified/Heartbroken — I had been mooning over a certain Barista With No Name for weeks, only to one day be sitting in the cafe with Penny and had to watch as his wife and baby boy came in and left with him.
3. How do you sleep best?
After having drizzled honey licked off of me by Jared Leto and/or Johnny Depp.
4. What was the last utterly frivolous thing you bought?
Um… THIS… but it was a REALLY good deal, darlings.
5. Would you rather have a tail which wagged, or make a noise like a bee, when you were happy. Justify your answer.
I never justify my answers, darling. I think I’m going to pick bee noise, because I simply couldn’t imagine having something wag between my legs — I’ve no idea how men do it.
6. Sweet or savoury?
Sweet. Chocolate. More Chocolate.
7. What was the last thing which made your heart get bigger with happiness?
Honestly? THIS – which is why I’m accepting this award!!
8. If you could *zap* something stressful into non-existence, what would it be?
My crushing sense of insecurity. I don’t just own it, I own that shit on Blu-Ray.
9. Would you rather be able to speak another language fluently, or be able to play a musical instrument really well?
I can do both, darling, so… I suppose that answers your question…
10. Who was the last person you dreamed about?
The cast of Gilligan’s Island & The Harlem Globetrotters. I just kept wondering why the Globetrotters never sent a plane or boat back for the castaways. Major plot hole there.
11. Name one thing you’re thankful for.
Right now? See answer to number 4
And now my nominees, who are completely exempt from having to do this at all, unless of course you want to answer my questions, which are bound to be truly outrageous. (And the circle goes round and round)
And the list goes on and on. If I missed you, I’m so sorry. As much as I hate to make this analogy, I’m like Oprah today — EVERYONE gets an award. And you don’t even have to answer all 11 questions or tag other people (but you can if you want to, darlings)
Pick one question and answer it here if you like –you don’t even have to post something on your blog!
1. How many toes could you lose and still feel okay wearing open toed shoes/sandals (Justify your answer)
2. Which member of The Beatles would you be willing to date today? (and being dead does not necessarily disqualify a member, but if you choose a Dead Beatle, I REALLY want to know why.)
3. Why is there no blue food, and if you could make any food blue, which food would it be?
4. Precisely how much wood do you suppose a woodchuck could actually chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (Please provide your answer in both metric and Imperial)
5. Have you ever contemplated something drastic? (ie. Suicide, Quitting your job, leaving your spouse, killing someone, stealing something, just picking up and running away from your life) What stopped you?
6. If someone offered you a million dollars to sleep with your husband/wife/partner — would you do it? Alternate — would you offer up yourself instead?
7. Spell the word lieutenant as you would pronounce it (just a quiz, but seriously, justify your answer)
8. What is your favourite cover song — a song that you prefer over the original?
9. Which aging musician, artist or writer’s death do you dread the most?
10. If you could ask me one question (other than my true identity, darlings) what would it be?
11. What would you like engraved as an epitaph on your gravestone?