Oh my! Does this count as my first piece of Helena fan fiction! I’m so very flattered by this I couldn’t help but share!
Photo courtesy of Janet Webb
This painting in this photo reminded me of the icon used by Helena Hann-Basquiat, one of our illustrious Friday Fictioneers. So much so that it was her voice I heard tell my story. Here is what she said….
Word count: 100
Of Course, Darling
– You realize I’ve lived a deliciously wicked life, don’t you my dear?
– Yes, you keep reminding me of your sordid past.
– Sordid! I never. It was lovely, exhilarating, marvelous! Sordid is not at all the word. And one must always choose the right word, darling.
– For you, maybe. Not so much for me, watching from the sidelines.
– Come and join me then. Don’t be such a prude. A wallflower. A statue has more life!
– You never did understand me, did you?
– Better than you think, my love.
– Always the dilettante, always the last…
View original post 20 more words